The North Mandurah Junior Football Club (NMJFC) covers the following Football Programs
- Auskick – Prep Primary through to Year 2 children
- Starkick – All Abilities football for Pre Primary through to Year 6
- Junior – Year 3 to Year 7 children
- Youth – Year 8 to Year 12 children
- Womens – Miss Maggies (Year 3 to Year 12)
The AFL’s Junior Football Match Guide is a framework that aims to provide the best possible journey for young players to progress their learning and development towards the adult version of the game. It seeks to ensure a quality environment exists whilst maximising the enjoyment, fun and development of young players.
We believe a safe, positive and progressive introduction to the game is important and much more likely to attract and retain young players of all abilities within the game for longer.
We don’t want to put kids in adult environments too early and that includes large grounds, congested play, unnecessary physicality and an over-emphasis on winning. The core philosophy of the Junior Football Modified program encourages:
- Smaller fields and reduced numbers.
- A phased approach to scores, ladders & finals.
- A sequential approach to tackling and contact.