The NMJFC Junior Football program si run within the rule and directives provided by the AFL, WAFC and the Peel District. The Junior Football Program is the automatic transition from the Auskick Program.
Objectives of Junior Football
- offer children aged from seven to twelve their first opportunity to join the excitement of a football club environment
- gain exposure to an assigned coach developing a team culture and collective ability
- an opportunity to experience a variety of positions on the ground from full back to full forward
- deliver football games under modified rules that allow children can continue to develop their skills in an enjoyable, safe atmosphere.
- There is no minimum kicking distance to mark the ball and the removal of roving positions ensures participants learn the importance of playing to position.